Sunday, March 20, 2011

Vivi

Yum Yum in my Tum....


Si mangia bene in casa, or in other words you eat well at home. Italians are always so passionate about their food and eating. I like to say I took a bit with me after my experiences abroad. Cooking to eating and finally enjoying a good meal is like building a relationship. First comes the preparation. Adding in various spices, ingredients. Tasting it along the way, making sure everything is combining well. Then suddenly, yuck. Why did I add too much/too little of this? Now you must find a way to mend this relationship with your food, taking sniffs of other spices which may "fix" what you've done. If your lucky and your senses cooperate with you, the result is a masterpiece. Just as with food, relationships take time, care, preparation, mending and hopefully it becomes close to a masterpiece.


Perhaps, this is why Italians are so passionate about their food. It is similar to "l'amore." 


Speaking of "l'amore." I fell in love with Eggs Benedict this weekend. This was my first time trying/eating it and after some conflict with poaching eggs, I found this to be one of the most tastiest breakfast items. 
The hollandaise sauce alone was mehhh but combined with the salty premium thick slices of bacon topped on an asiago sprinkled whole grain toasted english muffin...was perfection. The first bite is crucial, as one must arrange for all the ingredients to be contained on the fork. As soon as I had my first bite, my eyes lit up, my mind went amuck and I was so content it came out so spectacular on my first try. I added a bit of cumin to the hollandaise sauce since I added a bit too much of lemon and it was a perfect complement.


Live Passionately, Laugh Wholeheartedly, Love Profoundly
America is so fast paced, it's difficult to sit down, relax and take a breath. One suggestion, take some time and enjoy your meal whether your alone or with someone. It always amazes me how well ingredients mix together and how the chemical reactions that underlie each and every cooking process can become such marvelous creations. I made this painting a while ago which always reminds me to appreciate each day through simple gestures.


HAPPY EATING=) 

More delights to come....

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading you blog Chanta, Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg...i love eggs benedict...i will have to take you to this place in SD. I swear its the best place i've ever had it in mah life. I'm not going to tell you the name, so you'll have no choice but to go with ME.

    ReplyDelete