Friday, February 25, 2011

Mangia

So a lot of eating has been going on for the past couple of weeks. First of all I tried Wings N Things for the first time and their wings were unimpressive. For having a restaurant including the name wings, you would think they would be delicious but they're really not.

Wings Checklist

1. El Torito- Can't go wrong with these boneless chicken wings for 5 bucks during Happy Hour, pair that with a Margarita on the rocks.
2. Applebee's- Eating good in the neighborhood? Sure their wings are pretty tasty but I would rather order their spinach cheese dip.
3. Casa de Pico- This Mexican restaurant in the Grossmont town center has THE BEST CHICKEN WINGS I think I have tasted in the San Diego County. The wings are well seasoned, not too spicy yet not too mild and the flavors just burst in your mouth. The difference is that these chicken wings are actually seasoned and not just doused with buffalo sauce or hot sauce. 
4. Wings N' Things- NOT impressed. Seems like Tobasco and buffalo sauce were just dumped on the wings. Would never go back unless I had to pee...desperately. 
5. Pizza Hut- Addicting, Too Hot to Handle. Caution! These wings will make your butt-hole burn. 

Soups and Truffles

I haven't really been cooking lately, but I did attempt to make some cake balls. They came out more like truffles and are really easy to make. You can use regular cake mix and bake accordingly. Crumble the cake once finished and mix in with some frosting. Dip in your favorite candy coating. (I didn't have candy coating readily available so I just melted chocolate chips :)

I have been really into soups and I've made three different cream-based soups.

1. Mushroom Soup

2. Asparagus Cream Soup topped with Bacon

3. Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup topped with Garlic Cheese Croutons. 


My favorites were the last two. The soups are surprisingly simple to make except you have to be extra careful when blending the ingredients... especially if the contents are hot. I learned my lesson as my blender exploded broccoli and heavy cream all over the kitchen counter and cabinets. 

That's it for now folks. Happy Eatin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment