Monday, January 24, 2011

Dreams

Last night I had such a hard time falling asleep. I felt anxious, my stomach was upset and I didn't fall asleep until a little after one, which for people who know me is completely unusual. I had quite an interesting dream last night about someone really special to me, my grandpa. Although he passed away several years ago, I still miss him dearly and wish he could have been here to see all that I have accomplished. He passed a year before my graduation and I really wish he could have seen that.


In my dream, my grandpa appeared in Boston wishing me luck in my endeavors and when I saw him, I ran to him, hugged him and started crying and telling him how much I miss him. All day I have been thinking about what he said to me in my dream, "No se preocupe mamita, que todo va salir bien." (Don't worry, Everything will turn out fine) I believe it will although it seems now that the road ahead is uncertain, tough and full of obstacles.


I know I will make my grandpa proud and I know he's watching down on me giving me little spouts of encouragement.


One thing I have definitely learned in life is don't take anything for granted, be content with what you have and work for what you don't. In a blink of an eye it can all be gone and you don't realize how much it's worth until it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment